Posted in: General News
Ready for Business LLP is a partnership of Senscot, CEiS and Social Firms Scotland, who along with a wider consortium including KPMG, MacRoberts and Social Value Lab is delivering the Scottish Government funded Developing Markets for Third Sector Providers programme. The programme aims to embed social value in the public sector procurement process and increase the role of the third sector in delivering public services.
A key element of the programme is supporting the public sector and the third sector to develop and deliver services through the Public Social Partnership (PSP) model. Ready for Business is seeking an experienced consultant to support this process.
The role commences immediately and runs for a fixed term to 31st March 2014. It will involve;
- Working with public sector commissioners and third sector organisations to drive forward PSP development
- Facilitating PSP workshops and programme meetings, identifying actions and ensuring follow up
- Providing support and advice on the PSP model to public sector and third sector stakeholders
- Liaising with other partner organisations in the Ready for Business consortium
- Assisting with PSP case study development and reporting on best practice
- Reporting to the PSP programme manager and change fund lead
- Supporting organisations through the service creation or redesign process.
- The role will mainly focus of supporting the Reoffending Change Fund PSP programmes, but will also involve cross programme support to other areas such as Social Care, Health and Transport
- Supporting Third sector organisations in identifying and implementing improvement opportunities to services during the pilot a period
The role will mainly be Glasgow based but will involve some travel throughout Scotland.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to deliver quality written work in terms of deliverables, reporting, project management products and collateral within set timescales
- Good knowledge of Scottish public sector commissioning and procurement processes.
- Experience of either working in, or acting as a consultant to the public sector
- Understanding of the Scottish third sector landscape, the services the sector provides and the challenges it faces
- Understanding of reoffending services preferable but not essential
- Experience of project or programme managing long term projects involving a number of disparate stakeholders
- Experience of the full change project lifecycle
- Experience of partnership working at a strategic and operational level
- Good communication and negotiation skills at board / governance level and able to motivate and exert influence to external members
- Ability to quickly assimilate large amounts of new information from a variety of sources
Terms & Conditions
The position will be commencing in August for a fixed term period of 9 months. A full time position is preferable, but independent contractors and secondees will be considered.
Salary: £32,000 – £35,000 depending on experience
For more Information about the role please contact Pauline Graham firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Process: Applicants should forward a current CV and a completed application form to Amanda Donaghy, email@example.com.
Closing date: 31st May 2013
Application form and Job Specification
Job Specification (PDF Format)
Application Form – Microsoft Docx format or in Microsoft Doc format