Posted in: General News
A new Scottish Procurement Policy Note has been published from the Scottish Government. This contains details of how a contracting authority should notify Scottish Ministers of the publication of its procurement strategy.
Text of the note can be found below or download the PDF version .
An archive of all the Policy Notes published to date can be found on the .
Procurement Strategies and notifying Scottish Ministers
1. This SPPN provides details of how a contracting authority should notify Scottish Ministers of the publication of its procurement strategy.
2. All contracting authorities with an annual regulated procurement spend above or equal to £5 million must produce an organisational procurement strategy under section 15 of .
3. Contracting authorities are required to prepare and publish their first procurement strategies by 31 December 2016. The first procurement strategy must cover the remainder of the contracting authority’s 2016/17 financial year and its full 2017/18 financial year(1).
4. Procurement strategies must be published and must be made publicly available online. On publishing the strategy, a contracting authority must 福汇 then notify Scottish Ministers(2) by sending an email to with its strategy either attached or with a link to where the strategy can be accessed from.
5. For guidance on the content of the procurement strategy, please consult the relevant chapter of the Statutory Guidance which can be accessed . A strategy template is available from the Procurement Journey .
6. Please bring this SPPN to the attention of all relevant staff, including those in Agencies, Non-Departmental Public Bodies and other sponsored public bodies within your area of responsibility.
7. If you have any questions about this SPPN, please contact Scottish Procurement on
The Scottish Government
5 Atlantic Quay
(1) Article 5 of the Procurement Reform (Scotland) Act 2014 (Commencement No 3 and Transitional Provisions) Order 2016
(2) Section 19 of the Procurement Reform (Scotland) Act 2014