Posted in: Events
As part of a review of East Renfrewshire Councils Adult Mental Health Service the Council’s Health and Social Care Partnership is preparing to conduct a Public Social partnership (PSP) to develop a re-shaped Community-based Adult mental ill-Health service based on the principals of Recovery Oriented Systems of Care, SDS and social prescribing.
It will also incorporate clear care pathways for transition from Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS). The Council will record interest expressed by Providers who wish to be kept informed and / or attend future events in relation to this tendering opportunity. It is expected that the PSP / future events will focus on the following as a minimum:-
- Demonstrable understanding the impact of the Self Directed Support Bill
- Demonstrable understanding of Recovery Oriented Systems of Care
- Demonstrable understanding prescribing/community referral
- Working understanding of transitions from Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Focus on how we assist those who require support to become more engaged in support networks and community resources.
- Vision, working together, consistency of service.
- Re-shape existing services that can achieve this and be robust, sustainable, fit for purpose, fit for the future.
- Open and honest communication with stakeholders, no hidden agenda, start of a local plan.
- Open debate and engagement.
- Develop ideas to improve quality.
- Common understanding of issues, sense of direction and a clear way forward.
- Investigate innovative ideas.
Agreement on challenges:
- Demographics, finance, retention of staff.
- Understand the vision on how services should be delivered in the future for adults experiencing mental ill-health problems in East Renfrewshire.
- Establish a coherent, co-ordinated and realistic plan for taking forward a Public Social Partnership.
- Considering the barriers to change.
The Council is proposing to appoint up to 2 providers onto the PSP board to help lead this process with the Council. Interested providers are asked to email email@example.com providing a brief report outlining your experience in adult mental health services.
Expressions of interest will close at 12 noon on Thursday 4th February 2016.