Posted in: General News
Latest Scottish Government Procurement Policy Note
7 March 2016
Procurement activity during the Scottish Parliament election period
1. To remind staff involved in procurement activity of the need to consider their organisation’s guidance on conduct during the Scottish Parliament election period.
Procurement staff are reminded that procurement announcements or decisions might fall within rules on conduct of public officials during the run up to the Scottish Parliament election.
2. The Scottish Parliament election period starts on 23 March and ends following the election on 5 May. During this period staff in some public bodies are required to adhere to special guidelines designed to ensure that the conduct of official business does not interfere with the conduct of the election. Procurement announcements and decisions can come under guidelines applicable during the election period, particularly if they are high profile and do not simply constitute part of the day to day business of government.
3. Procurement staff are strongly advised to familiarise themselves with their organisation’s guidance on conduct during the Scottish Parliament election period and to exercise caution when handling announcements and/or significant decisions during this time.
4. Please bring this SPPN to the attention of all relevant staff, including those in Agencies, Non-Departmental Public Bodies and other sponsored public bodies within your area of responsibility.
SPPN 4/2016 Page 2 of 2
5. Enquiries about this SPPN should be addressed to Scottish Procurement and
Commercial Directorate, firstname.lastname@example.org
Scottish Procurement and Commercial Directorate
The Scottish Government
5 Atlantic Quay